I need help with alcohol and drugs...
SIGNS OF ALCOHOL POISONING: HOW TO HELP A FRIEND
● Try to wake your friend. If your friend does not respond, there may be a serious problem.
● Confusion or not making any sense.
● Listen to your friend's breathing. Is it irregular or slow/shallow?
● Check your friend's skin. Is skin pale or bluish? Cold or clammy?
2. Stay with your friend while waiting for help.
3. Make sure your friend is lying on his/her side to prevent choking.
MSU'S MEDICAL AMNESTY POLICY Students who seek emergency medical attention for themselves or for whom medical assistance was sought related to the consumption of alcohol and/or drug overdose will NOT be charged with violations of the MSU Code of Conduct. Call for help when needed!
Recovery Room is an informal group for students who self-identify as recovering from alcohol and other drugs. Students seek recovery resources, network and support one another in a safe environment. Students in need of professional counseling services will be referred to CAPS. This group is only open to Montclair State University students who are currently in recovery from alcohol or other drugs.
People looking to observe in order to fulfill academic requirements or for any other reason will NOT be permitted.
- Recovery Room meets in the Drop-In Center on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:00PM