I feel stressed
Certain levels of stress can be healthy, motivating, and energizing. However, unhealthy levels of stress can negatively affect you in many ways —physically, cognitively, emotionally, and behaviorally. High levels of stress can also lead to headaches, muscle tension, sleep problems, and anxiety.
If you’re feeling stressed, here are some activities that might help:
- Write in a journal
- Engage in moderate exercise on a regular basis
- Spend time with friends
- Pick up a new hobby
- Improve eating habits
- Improve sleeping habits
- Watch a favorite movie or television show
- Join a club or student organization on campus
- Enroll in UCR Counseling Center’s Biofeedback sessions
- Practice meditation/relaxation exercises
Click on the links below for podcasts that walk you through various relaxation and imagery exercises that you can practice almost anywhere at any time!